Welcome to the PRE-BASIC LEVEL course, a course designed for you to acquire basic knowledge and learn to play step by step. It is not necessary to have any previous musical knowledge. In each lesson you will find exclusive material to learn and practice. Almost all the videos come with a PDF download file where you will find scores or summaries of the content of the lesson.
Once you have purchased the course you can access with your username and password on the web, or with the same username in the Piano Salsa App, which you will find for free on Google Play and Apple Store.
Lessons highlighted in the course:
- In the section of THE NOTES, you will find the complete explanations about the notes.
- In the CHORDS lesson, you will discover the structure of the chords and it will allow you to train and consolidate the correct position of your fingers in order to understand and play with agility those chords that make a difference in the future.
- In the section SCALES, a very important lesson to study and understand from the basics, in this lesson you will find the explanation of the scales told in a clear and precise way.
- In the section MAJOR MODE AND MINOR MODE, fundamental to understand from the beginning the difference between playing in major mode and minor mode. This lesson prepares you to understand the theory of the BASIC LEVEL in a simple and very understandable way.
Students can progress at their own pace, they can study freely or they can also follow the proposed and recommended study plan in chronological order, in order to learn with an order and an organised structure.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone interested and motivated to explore the rhythms of Latin music without previous knowledge of piano. It is also an interesting course for musicians of other instruments who want to start on the piano. The PRE-BASIC course works as an ideal complement to the musical knowledge that any music school or teacher can teach their beginner students.
With the video tutorials and demonstrations, the student will be able to repeat each video tutorial as many times as he/she wants, in addition to all the functions that the player allows to facilitate learning.
The PRE-BASIC LEVEL course is designed to acquire and consolidate the first basic piano notions and to prepare the student to advance to study the BASIC LEVEL of Salsa Piano. Below is a list of the lessons that the student will find in this first preparatory course.
Lessons of PRE-BASIC LEVEL:
- VIDEO PRESENTATION OF THE COURSE
- LESSON 1 LEARN THE NOTES
- LESSON 2 TONES AND SEMITONES
- LESSON 3 INTERVALS
- LESSON 4 CHORDS (PART 1)
- LESSON 5 CHORDS (PART 2)
- LESSON 6 HARMONIC CIRCLES
- CLASS 7 CHORD INVERSIONS
- LESSON 8 ARPEGIES (PART 1)
- LESSON 9 ARPEGIES WITH INVERSIONS (PART 2)
- CLASS 10 5 TECHNICAL EXERCISES
- CLASS 11 INTRODUCTION TO SCALES
- CLASS 12 INTRODUCTION TO RHYTHM
- LECTURE 13 TIME SIGNATURES
- LESSON 14 RESTS
- LESSON 15 SLURS
- LESSON 16 SYNCOPATIONS
- LESSON 17 COUNTER TIME SIGNATURES
- LESSON 18 SCALES AND HARMONIES
- CLASS 19 MAJOR AND MINOR MODES
- LECTURE 20 INTRODUCTION TO TONAL FUNCTIONS
- LECTURE 21 COMMON NOTES IN CHORDS
- LECTURE 22 HAND POSITION AND BODY POSTURE